Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a spotting scope for under $300.00 that can see .223 holes at 400 yards and 308 holes at 500yards . anyone have any sugestions ?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Good thing you are not asking for much.
My suggestion would be to be patient and find a bargain on a quality used spotting scope

·
Registered
387 Posts
Even with a decent spotting scope, I have a hard time seeing holes in the black. That's why I mostly print my own targets and use lighter colors. Much easier to see the holes on a lighter background.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the Konus out Thanksgiving morning and it was just what I needed ,saw .223 holes at 200 yards as well as .308 holes at 200 yards . it came with a cheesy tripod ,I used a old Slick camera tripod I have and it works even better . the only thing bad about it is the tripod,the scope works beautifully ,clear and bright . a great deal for $219.00.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Can you see 22 caliber holes at 400 yards like you originally posted? I know I cannot with my spotting scope which is why I thought your budget was low for your requirements.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I can't see 22 holes at 400 yards,I had to alter my requirements to meet my price point . none the less I a'm very happy with this scope it is very clear and bright .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts