Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a stainless 1911 by SA and its a GI spec i think the sights are simple type. Just how accurate should these be cause this one i think can do better.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
I get 2 inch groups with mine at 25 yards. :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2" wow, my dad's inaccuracy lies likely within the fact dosen't clean the barrel CLEAN, only just a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bigger, better sights help. I have the same gun and that was the first thing to change for me- otherwise I think its an excellent gun (especially for the price) and it should be very acurate and serve you well.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea just gotta clean it's barrel out good i guess.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
uhhhhhh CCI Brass and Steel FMJ and Wolf FMJ u think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They've banned Wolf ammo at my favorite range due to constant jams, failed extractions, torn case heads etc.. I haven't personally experienced this, but it is something to think about. I use S&B or my own handloads and keep them to about 825-850 fps. Hope this helps.

Grumpy Dan

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I have a Springer Mil Spec and the accuracy was just Ok. I installed an Evolution Gun Works barrel bushing (EGW) and the accuracy of the Springer is now on par with my Colt Gold Cup. (It will shoot the eyes out of flys at 25 yards).

I'm not saying that is your problem, but you may want to look at this as the EGW bushing cost is $20.

Dave.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My WWII green GI new out of the box did this at 25yds. The tiny sights are the terrible for accuracy work with my old eyes. Wonder how much if any improvement I'd get with good sights and younger eyes. This target was shot with my reading glasses and at a very blurry bullseye.

[url]http://www.hunt101.com/?p=334736&c=500&z=1
[/url]

·
Registered
30 Posts
My SA GI-45 is very accurate. I actually like the low-profile sights. I can easily hit a Coke can at 50 yards. I was shooting the white box Winchester 230FMJ 'til I got some brass. Now I load 230FMJ over 8.5gr BlueDot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts