Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which clips will fit this gun besides the factory clips. I need more clips! Ya just can't have enough in the current world situation. :wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chip McCormick 8-round powermags are probably the best clip for the money (under $20). I have six of them for my Dan Wessons.

They also make less expensive Shooting Star mags that are comparable to the OEMs that Colt ships.

The Wilson and Ed Brown clips are outstanding - but then so are the prices for them ($25 - $30).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hay Dave - I also bought Chip McCormick mags for my 1911A1. They are the Shooting Star models with the bumper on the bottom of the mags. They were about $15.00 a piece with the bumper and I have not had a malfunction at all. If I get more that is the brand I will go with. I know there are also other good ones out there as stated in other posts. Now if we could get Mikey and you to start up Airborne training again that would be something. Between the three of us there probably isn't one good knee among the bunch. Later
:D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Any single stack 1911 MAGAZINE should fit your gun. I've got some el cheapo 1911 mags made by God knows who, and they work fine. At $6 a pop, they're good range mags. Been thinking about getting some MecGars for a better quality mag. Anybody have opinions on them?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Meggars are ok, McCormics are better by a mile. On two occasions I have caught the plastic baseplates (Meggar) on objects with my holstered gun. The resulting ejection of spring, follower, baseplate and loaded rounds proved to be only an embrassment as it happened in my state IDPA match. The failure drill for that malfunction is as follows: Insert weak hand forefinger into the empty magazine tube while pressing mag release w/shooting hand thumb and strip mag tube from gun. Insert fresh mag----tap/rack/bang. At end of string collect mag parts and loaded rounds from smiling bystanders. Exit the stage quickly and hide for a while till all the witnesses shot thru! Wilson/Metalform/McCormic are my mags of choice. I gave my Meggars away to a --------friend? Magazines are not a good place to save a few bucks.
Stay Safe,
Savage

·
Registered
381 Posts
The best magazines (not clips) for the money to my mind have been Metalform magazines. I usually get mine from Gil Hebard Guns, super folks to deal with. They offer discounts to dealers, police, and military. My criteria for magazines is simple: they have to feed what I fill them with, and they have to hold up. Metalform does both. Target wadcutters, hollow points, ball, it does not matter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.