Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
9,313 Posts
Lloyd: if you have any spare 45 barrels hanging around try one of them in that Springfield and see if she functions any better. If it does then I'm sure it is the barrel and will continue to recommend you get an aftermarket accuracy barrel either installed or install it yourself. I mentioned in one of my previous posts on your first Grrrr post that I have had fabulous results with a Ed Brown drop-in accuracy barrel. Possibly that will work for you too. HTH. Mikey.

· Premium Member
9,313 Posts
Lloyd - you know I agree with that last post of yours and as someone who likes his Springfield I am not too dang happy that yours didn't turn out to be what you wanted.

I think in this case I would see which would cost more, a new aftermarket drop in accuracy barrel or a new gun. Only dang problem with a new gun, of any manufacture, is that you have to go through this whole business again - but hopefully without the frustration and problems although that is always the risk with a new gun. I would say that if you like the feel of the Springer and a new barrel cures the problems, go in that direction. Once that pistol begins to tick properly, and without fail - as it should - I think you will be confident with it. Really hth. Mikey.

· Premium Member
9,313 Posts
Lloyd: I'm glad you finally got that Springer tickin', although having to seat the bullets deeper than in any of your other 1911s doesn't make me that much happier. But, if you ticked off a couple of hundred with only one ftf then I think you have probably hit the 'sweet spot' for that pistol - but dang, it should go without a hitch with your normal stuff.

She may need a few more hundred or maybe a thousand rounds before she smooths out for ya - in the interim, if you want to lighten that trigger, pull the trigger and make certain the trigger bars are smooth (if you can stone the bar channels that might help a bit as well, and then torque (par'n, bend) the middle finger of the mainspring until you get the trigger where you want her. HTH. Mikey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.