Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations for a 32 or 36 caliber mz for small game. Either flintlock or percussion cap.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If a .32 will suit your needs & you are looking at low cost models, I would suggest the Traditions Crockett. Good lil rifle for the $ and quite accurate for a production rifle. They will Easily shoot 3 shot cloverleafs at 25 yards with little work.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Dittos on the crockett, but if you have trouble seeing the fixed sights the Traditions 32 Deerhunter may be a better choice. The Deerhunter has the adjustable glowing sights and is tapped for scope mounts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dang it don't tell him that !! I am trying to keep him Traditional ! :-D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hopkins & Allen reproduction Underhammers are available in .36 in several barrel lengths from http://underhammers.com/
And the even less traditional CVA Bobcat .36 from Midsouth Shooters Supply. :evil: :-D

·
Registered
21 Posts
CVA Bobcat in .36cal????? I had several Bobcats and all were in .50cal. Its my understanding that all the sidelocks were discontinued in the CVA line.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
CVA has indeed abandoned traditional style rifles, but before they did soem Babcats in .36 were built. I'm almost positive there are still some available at MidSouth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts