Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I usually use a long forked stick about an inch in diameter cut during the Summer. The fork makes it easy to push into the mud with either a canoe paddle or my broken hoe I use for a trap retriever.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I do just like Itrapny does except I tie a streamer of flagging from the top of the stake so I don't miss any sets. In a marsh everything tends to look the same and many times landmarks are few and far between.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just use suveyers ribbon and attach it to the cattails near the set. That way I can keep my stake length down below 2 feet and they fit it the packbasket better, not to mention it will hold a coon better if he can't get to the stake.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On 110's I use a piece of lath most of the time, but they do blend into the background, you can paint the end with some red flourescent spray paint, or use the surveyors ribbon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I set up in a marsh I'm only looking for rats. 3 days max in one spot and move on. Slide wires are too bulky and a downright pain in th butt when you're rat trapping.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Chub,do you get the Trapper and Predator Caller magazine?I had an article last year,called No Latheing Matter.It dealt with just the question you are asking.
Tom

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you would not happen to know what months issue that was in do ya bog? now im gonna have an go thru all them mags i just put up

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Chub,you are just going to have to go through them.I should start a listing of my articles,but then I have to go through 3 or 4 years of tpc lol.
Tom

·
Registered
218 Posts
Chub-
I had an article on rats in the T&PC last year on open water lake rats--the staking methods would be the same for all sets on the edge...
but i dont remember what issue it was either...
Tim B

1 - 13 of 13 Posts