Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a first last weekend. I fired a 3 shot group measuring .73 inches. The kicker is that was at 200 yards. I like this cheap rifle more all the time.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Congrats on finding a shooter. You never know whether you'll get a one holer or a scatter gun. I love it when the cheapies out shoot the high dollar custom jobs. It levels the playing field for us po folks.
james

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
If it shoots that good it can't be cheap........just inexpensive........think you'll buy another one?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I going to buy another. I am going to buy a .223 just for plinking at the range. I camouflaged my 25.06 stock. I will try to post a picture within a couple of days, I am very pleased with the way it turned out. These really seem to be a bargain to me.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
sweet, i'm planning on rebuilding one to 6.5x55, maybe even turn it into a benchrest rifle

·
Registered
932 Posts
I bought one a few months back in .243 It is a great shooter ! But, the stock on mine was so rough at the seams and checkering it would actually slice my hands. I'm going to sand it down and repain, sure hate too, I like the grey color.
Just curious,did the stocks on the ones you bought so rough ? you can see where the factory filled the mold here and ther before pouring the material for the stock.
Yes I would buy another and convert it to .358 win.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Savage Synthetic Stocks.

I purchased a Savage 16, and the synthetic stock was the same way.
Sharp mold seams, and just in general a rough stock. I took my
random orbital detail sander, and sanded the exterior of the stock
with the intention of painting it. The sanding turned it into a dusty
matte black finish, which is all I need for a long range field gun, so I
never painted it. It does feel MUCH better after sanding. Maybe some
long winter weekend I will take a shot at painting it, but for now,
when this .22-250 barks, some varmint is about to have a bad day.

Squeeze

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm not a big fan of synthetic stocks. Can this model be purchased with a walnut or laminated stock? How about with a heavy barrel? I guess what I'm asking is can it be had in a varmint configuration. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts