Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
stevens 200 question

berkerhead,
I called Savage/Stevens and talked to one of their reps concerning just that. I was interested in the swapping barrels that Midway sells for Savages and how these A&B barrels would fit on the Stevens. They said that the barrel threads were the same and that any stock that would fit a Savage, would fit a Stevens (i.s. 10 fits a short action, 110 fits a long action, etc). I'm still considering getting one myself just not sure which caliber. (already got most of it covered).

Deer&Duck

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got one in 223. It is a Savage without the Accutrigger. And the stock is a different color. Savage introduced it to compete with the Mossberg bolt, and the low line Remingtons. Mine is shooting a little over 1" groups, with about 40 rounds thru it. It would do better with some trigger work, which I'll do when I put my A&B 223AI barrel on.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Our largest and most popular gunshop here in Houston has the 200's today on sale with a scope package.
They never carried Savage, but must have seen how popular these "Stevens" will be as word gets around.

pepaw

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
You won't be dissapointed with the Stevens 200. I have 2, a 25-06 and a 7MM-08. Both accurate, good stocks for a synthetic. Great hunting rifles. I adjusted the trigger on both and they works very well for hunting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.