Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shot one yet? For around 270.00, and being a rem and ruger man, I will have to say that they may be hard to beat. Had one of those spur-of-the-moment twiches and ended up with one in the25-06. Bought a box of fed 117gr speer hot cores. scoped her and tried her out. Not expecting much for the price, boy was i suprised. After sighting in, my last 3 shots(about 5to8 min. apart) could be covered up with a dime. Not bad for an under 4bill rig.

·
Registered
146 Posts
like them

I sold all of my NEF guns and bought the stevens in 7-08, and 223, and 7mag. love it. shoots good. I have nikons on all of them.

steve

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
I have 2, a 25-06 and a 7MM-08...........great bolt action rifles, especially for $262.00. Hope they bring out more calibers......like 223, 243 and 257 WSSM.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slayer - bass pro has the 270 and 30-06 for 249.00

poncaguy- they offer the 200 in 10 differant cal.

22-250
25-06
7-08
30-06
7mag
poot i can't remember the other 3, they are listed in the Elliott Bro. cat.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
poncaguy said:
I'd love to see the 223, 243, and 257 WSSM calibers offered... :(
Give Savage time. They are noted for being somewhat slow at adding new cartridges to their line up. Lawdog
:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stevens 200 is ALLREADY offered in ten calibers, INCLUDING 223 and 243. Sorry no 257wssm yet. DM

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stevens 200

I too have interest in the Stevens 200, looking at the 223.
Those of you who own the Stevens, I would like to hear how well it shoots and overall quality of the rifle?
What are the main differences between the Savage and the Stevens 200?
I am sure the Accu (sp) trigger would not be part of the Stevens package.
Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Re: Stevens 200

lancer1558 said:
What are the main differences between the Savage and the Stevens 200? Gary
There isn't too much difference between Savage/Stevens or Mossberg.
They are all the same Company.

Like any other, there are low end products and there is high end products.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I looked at one of these rifles over the weekend, and loved the simple design, but man that grey stock is fugly. I wish they would go with a black matte stock, the Remington ADL Synthetic right next to it looked alot better, but those have the darned sights on the barrel. I know you can take them off, but would rather not. Maybe Stevens went with grey stock to be different or it was cheaper? I will think about it, I may even get a Weatherby Vangaurd Synthetic, but there agin, the comb is very odd on those-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :) Jack.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well, painting the stock wouldn't be that difficult. If you don't like the results, simply paint it black. As a hunter, I tend to camo. Krylon has a new paint that sticks to plastic.

The Rem ADL sights do come off. Immediately on all my scoped rifles. And fill the holes with a shorter screw. I replaced the tupperware stock on my ADL with a walnut take-off and it is a very nice rifle now.

And they make replacement stocks for the Vanguard/HOWA.
http://www.boydboys.com/BrowseEbus/JRSweatherby.asp

If I didn't have so many irons in the fire right now, I would get a 200. Just don't know which one! :?

pepaw

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Great idea on the Camo!! Winter camo, Gray/Black!! My favorite camo is still Woodland and then Realtree Gray. Jack.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
i was looking at one of these in .223 and really liked it. i think i would like to have one. i talked to the gunshop owner and mentioned it was a 110 without the accutrigger. i asked more about it and he was looking at scope mounts for it and commented that it does not take the same mounts as the old 110 and that it seemed odd, if it really was a 110.

he has 'em for $279 and its been sitting for a while. i am actually contemplating selling or tradijng my encore for it. its on .204 ruger but its damn expensive to shoot and i dont reload (yet).

i didnt like the stock but i would probably camo or paint it like people on here have mentioned.

what do you guys think?

-Matt

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Matt, $279 seams to be the average price for these, so price is good, lowest I have seen is $259 at Gander Mountain, but they only gave you a choice of .308 or .30/06, that is great, but I want a .270 :) Good luck and keep us updated. Jack.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
i would pay $299 for one if they finished the metal better and used a stock that didnt look like i made it by melting down tupperware.

-Matt

1 - 20 of 80 Posts