Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at buying savage's new 411 in 12 gauge, looks like a fine shotgun for the price. you guys have any info on it or have one?

i know who makes it and i know generally the features, but i wanna know firsthand what you guys think of fit and finish and what you like about em.

-Matt

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I had one. It shot a pattern with so many holes in it you could miss a squirrel. It also did not shoot anywhere close to the point of aim. Rough crude triggers in the 9-10 lb pull range. Rusted very easy even when kept oiled. Very hard to open and was not getting in a hurry to break in as they say.

I bought it on a whim because I always wanted a SxS and figured I could live with a cheap one. After shooting and hunting with it I figured out it was a worthless gun and lost my butt to get rid of it. Man I hope I do not get any more whims to buy a cheap gun.

·
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am glad to know that but also disappointed.

i want an affordable 12 gauge and i want something i can keep and enjoy.

i looked at the pardner pump and it was nice. i also like the new mossber 535...the CZ shotgun is priced nicely and is maybe a contender.

you guys have suggestions?

-Matt

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If you need to keep the cost down, look at some used guns. The quality is almost always better on a 25 year old gun than a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts