Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the stocks and the forearms from the sbs2 or handi's fit the buffalo classics???????????

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just talked to H&R yesterday about "building" my own Buffalo Classic. I have the Handi Rifle in .45/70 and it has the walnut/checkered stock with the Whitetails Unlimited emblem. The customer service rep said I can buy a walnut stock and forend for the Buffalo Classic with the metal buttplate and everything for $109!

I'm going to buy that and put the .38-55 barrel on it.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Tommy:

If you decide on selling your walnut stock with the emblem on it...let me know...I'm interested in buying it from you..

Mac

·
Super Moderator
51,195 Posts
Tommy, you can buy an entire 38-55 Target from Sportsmans Warehouse for $299. The Target or BC barrel comes with no sights, so you'll have almost as much in your parts built Target and have one less frame.....

Tim

·
Registered
45 Posts
I saw the $299 BC at Sportsman's Warehouse in Grand Junction, CO. I thought I'd just have one frame, but both guns.

By the way, sorry, but I can't EVER part with my Whitetails Unlimited stock. It's perfect and I love the fact that it's actually WALNUT and not just stained hardwood.

I actually plan on keeping the W.U. version as a .44 mag and then the BC as a .38-55. I'm not much for recoil, so I don't really like the whole .45/70 in such a light weight gun. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts