Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Rick, length doesn't matter. Except for the old snap on forend, the only critical measurement is from the forend spacer to the mounting stud. They're all the same there. Barrel channels may vary.

Pete

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
The Youth SG forend wood was short and the schnable and bullnose for rifle or SG the same then the Buff and Target Classic longer. The Classic Carbine was the same as the std schnables for length. IIRC the threaded stud is the same for all, even for the way long Mannlicher. I have never had to relieve a barrel channel in all the swapping around Ive done.
BTW, I think the short Youth wood looks great for proportions on the 20-22" rifle barrels, and would on shorter barrels also, though if you have a tad over that min. By reg. 16" the longer Buff/Target Classic wood looks almost like a Mannlicher/Stuetzen.
Come to think about it, the forend on the Ultra Slug guns may be a longer beefy bullnose.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Stock for some Handi Rifles have a higher "comb" for scoped rifles.

Makes it hard to "get down" on the bead as the higher comb is for scopes and higher sights.

High comb.....

A straight top stock is on most shot guns....and make it easier to line up open site and shot gun beads.
Low comb....

Found this out on my first order of barrels for a Handi that had a high comb stock.

Fore arms for bull barrel shotguns barrels and muzzle loader are different in inletting and ram rod groves.....other wise, some have a stubby rounded front....some are styled a bit, but fit most everything the fits the hole for the screw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts