Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/78/1140/1864-dated-revere-copper-co-napoleon-cannon-with-carriage

I was phone bidding on many of the cannons but didn’t get any, the max bids I had written down in advance were way low for the Napoleon and just a bit low for the others. I really wanted the 6-pounder 1861-dated Wiard Rifle but was one bid short on that one.

So I saved about $250k this morning! Yes there’s a positive side to everything! Now I won’t have a problem coming up with the bucks to pay the electrical contractor to finish the high-voltage 3-phase power installation in my machine shop.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That Wiard is amazing, but the level of interest in the Napoleon is over my head.

I thought that the Wiard would be, by far, the pricier cannon.

Both are way over my budget, but thanks for sharing, the learning is priceless......

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Napoleons are famous and very desirable in the US. Revere-made ones “never” come up for sale and despite the patina having been stripped, this one is in very good condition. The U.S. marking on top, in script, as Revere always did it, probably added 10% to the final price. Revere of course is named for its famous first-proprietor, Paul Revere, so you really can’t get a more thoroughly “American” piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts