Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone help me with this conibear problem i have? i had traps set out this year and had animals go around them , so i tried tripping them and the trigger wires were bound so tight that i had a hard time tripping them , so i stuck a screwdriver in the trigger and twisted and i got them working freely but they still trip hard , any ideas to get them to set off at a lighter pressure ?

thanks

jim

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Sounds like rust to me

Take a scraper or wire brush and brush trigger jaw good and remove rust so wire trigger moves freely. Did you tree yr conis at all? Need more info . Doesnt sound like you checked yr traps out before season. What are you trapping right now?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stubborn conibears

this is my first year trapping , ive pulled them for the year , they are fairly new and dipped in speed dip.

jim

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stubborn traps

i don't know what they are , is there a way to tell i bought them used.

jim

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Coni questions

Where are you located in Wis. ? If you are close by we could get together and i could help you out. Or possibly during a spring rondevous. Are you going to the BIG WTA spring rondy at Cedar Creek in Wausau in March?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stubborn conibears

im from waupun , and i just sent in my check to join wta last week . what date is the spring rondevous ?

jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts