Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Did he send you anything on the construction of the ignitor/fuse. That is the sticker.
No, I ask and see if he has any pictures. Much of the fine details of this gun I fear have been lost to time. We are lucky the two remaining tubes did not get scrapped. I have invested a lot of time trying to find one of the Italian naval guns somewhere it Italy, but no one believes any of those remain after they were replaced with breech loaders.

As an interesting side note, this is the only known gas check. That would be a cool relic to have, though it belongs in a museum in Gibraltar or Malta.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is photo of the model rocket ignitor I ordered last week, which surprisingly arrived today! The only "test" I have made so far is to see if it fits in the Seacoast Armstrong gun vent, and it fits just perfectly with room to spare. I will probably order some of the next size up, which are probably a bit sturdier, with yet more "pyrogen" on the tip.

So far, I have absolutely no doubt that these can be used to easily and efficiently fire virtually any cannon with a vent 1/8 inch diameter or more, up to about 2 1/2 inches long, with a standard battery-powered model rocket launcher. The launchers only cost about $20-$25 for the basic models, with 15-20 feet of wire. You could add more wire up to whatever length you wanted. Instant, push-button boom!

IMG_2886.JPG

21 - 22 of 22 Posts