Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the car all loaded up last night ready to go shootin this mornin, but I was brought back to reality when I got up to 30' of fence laying on the ground and 15 of my bred heifers doing a happy dance through my rye field. It's hard to stay mad at'em, they act like a three year old kid that's just met Mickey Mouse. If you've never seen a 1200# heifer runnin, jumpin and generally actin' like a fool, ya need to! But NOT IN MY FIELD!!

Hope somebody burned some extra powder for me today!! Anybody go shootin'? How'd ya do?

·
Registered
59 Posts
:D Weather up here was COLD . 14* around noon . I passed on going to a shoot today . Next weekend its supposed to be in the 50s . A real heat wave for us . 8)

·
Registered
386 Posts
nope

No shootin this weekend...I go on vacatation next week so no shootin that week either.... maybe when I get back...I couldnt talk the wife into lettn me take my guns with me ....I was starting to look for a shoot I could go to in Colorado.
DB

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Our next shoot is this week-end but weatherman says 50% chance of rain :( :(
I need to hear steel clank!

Here's hoping everyone gets a chance to shoot and soon

·
Registered
470 Posts
The most memorable words my wife ever uttered besides "I do and so does he" were spoken at a horse sale a couple of years ago. They had some cutting horses to run through and had a pen full of steers near the auction pen so buyers could see the horses work before bidding. A suburbanite that came along with us looked over and said "gee, I wonder what those cows are thinking?" I was taken completely by surprise when my wife responded with something I would have been proud to have said...."probably nothing".

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Got to shoot one of the two days this week-end. As always was enjoyable. This time I was posse-ed with a new group. Still the same good old cowboy sprit shown by all.
After my first 5 months I find myself seeing things that need to be done around the posse and just doing them. Amazing how many are kind enough to let me pick up brass :grin: Know they want to but they just step aside and let me do it :)
Weather was perfect at about 70-75* and a few white, puffy clouds. If fact got a mite warm there at the end.
Was wondering how I shot but it don't matter as I had fun and got to see my pards again.
p.s. On the posse was either the 1st or 2nd place pard overall and you couldn't ask for a nicer individual. He was helpful in answering questions and giving advice. Nice to know the top dawgs are still in it for the fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts