Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall. I'm looking into maybe spiffing up my H&R Topper Model 58, in 20gauge, and was wondering if any of yall had any suggestions. I think I want to go with a Choate Tamer stock, that would be an awesome upgrade, cheap too. What else could be done? The gun already handles good, and I dont care about shortening the barrel, I think its fine as-is. Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well not that dressed up, lol. That just says "AR-15" Wannabe. I dont really like the look. Its a SS, and should look as so, IMO. Thanks tho, I really appreciate the reply.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
I have a Choate survivor stock and thing it is so butt ugly that I just can't bare to carry it around. Since you said dress it up I'd get a nice stock from www.gunstocksinc.com They make some great looking stocks and they are a GBO sponsor. You can order some nicer stocks from H&R too. They don't list them on their website but if you call customer service and ask for a retail parts and accessories catalog they'll send you one. I don't know how you feel about recoil but the lighter plastic stock with no recoil pad might be somewhat objectionable. I just bought a regular synthetic stock from Choate and it came with a recoil pad and sling swivel.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
AR 15 Look

Personnally, I didn't like the AR15 look, either. I kinda like the looks of the Squire stocks. I don't know how a shotgun will shoot with one installed, but I have seen pics of some Special Run versions on threads in this forum. They looked awesome. I thought I saw some advertised in the HR accessories that were laminated. I know what its like to have a picture in your mind of what you want and then trying to find the parts to put it together. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts