Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my first tree stand this year. I'm sold on the Summit. My son loves his Viper.

However, he suggests that I get the Goliath. I'm tall with a 38-inch waist, and weigh 190 lbs. I wouldn't think I'd need the Goliath, but my son says that with heavy clothes on, he sometimes feels a little cramped in his Viper, even though he's not a big guy (the Goliath is supposed to have more room). I plan to bow and gun hunt in whatever stand I get.

Is the extra room worth the extra weight in the Goliath?

Thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a viper and absolutely love it, but am saving for a goliath. After trying my buddys the xtra 2 inches in width makes a huge difference in your comfort, especially when you spend all day in it. Thats just my .02 but knowing what I know now I would've bought the goliath first.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
I have both a viper and Goliath and your son is correct

I am on the larger side at 220 and 40" waist. The viper is great for early season but when I put on the insulated stuff things get snug not bad but snug.

if i had to do it over again I would boy only the Goliath stands.

More room is not a bad thing

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am 6-00, and 260#, I own a Viper and Python. I love both of them, but I got them when I weighed 180#. I will keep my two original Summits, but will add either a Goliath or a Titan this year to my collection of stands for more comfort in cold weather times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts