Graybeard Outdoors banner

Super Blackhawk Comes Apart Shooting Devastator Bullets

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  512 
Super Blackhawk Comes Apart Shooting Devast

the lee factory crimp die will take care of the crimp jumping and a belt mountain locking base pin will take care of the pin jumping. About any ruger using heavy loads will have that problem I put belt mountain pins in all my rugers. What alloy are you casting them from mine dont go near that heavy when using wheel weight they will expand using alloy as hard as #2 so maybe you can cure it by hardening up your bullets a little and making them lighter only thing is that when you change alloys its no guarentee that the load will still shoot as well. I dont fool with 2400 anymore for top end loads. Its kind of like bluedot in that it goes from good pressures to dangerous with just a small increase in charge weights. Better powders would be 110/296 or lilgun. 2400s finiky pressure problems are really agrevated by mag primmers. I quit using them with 2400 there not needed anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.