Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shouldered a NEF superlight in .243 yesturday and man it felt great. Thats the first time I've ever touched one. So I put it on layaway. $220 Has anyone had much experience with this rifle? There is also a .243 heavy barrel that i think i will get next. It fit nicely too.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Most people will give you a bad report on the superlights. Accuracy is not up to par i guess. I had a 243 superlight barrel and i loved the way it felt. i wish i had never traded it. It will probably be one you will have to tinker with the achieve the accuarcy you want, but i think it would be worth the trouble. i think most people just give up on them too early.

·
Super Moderator
50,972 Posts
Muddy05, have ya used the search feature? It's a fine tool to find any info you need on anything relating to H&R/NEF rifles...there's even a thread on the Superlight in the FAQ...

Tim

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=62821

The SEARCH option is located at the top of the page, choose the options in the screenshot...

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
The 243 will be a very good round for deer and hogs down your way.

Up here we use it for fox , yotes and groundhogs . Ohio doesn't let us hunt deer with a rifle .

You may have to play with it a little till it finds a load that it likes . but it will do a nice job .

PS -- now you did it , its like cookies you start with one and the next thing you know the crumbs are al-over the place , welcome a new handi-holic :-D :-D

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Hi Muddy,
welcome from a fellow superlight .243 owner , I fired my one first time yesterday and enjoyed shooting it but if you read my message Range report handi superlight .243 there is plenty to do to get where I am 100% happy with it, but this part of the charm of the rifle.
let us know how you go with it.
regards Howard.

·
Registered
151 Posts
One thing about the rifles that don't seem to be as accurate at first is that those are the ones you can really improve. A little work shows great results.

If you are already getting sub-moa its tough to improve on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts