Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see em and hear the stories, kills, great shots, quietest combo.

Pistol, rifle, anything suppressed, come on in. questions welcome

First up, 35REM Contender, special heavy subsonic load. 246gr Hard cast going about 1k fps, mouse fart hammer.

Next, same frame with a 357 bbl shooting 38spl BB wadcutters, literally inaudible from 20yds, Quietest BY FAR
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Wood

Finally my 243 Encore that I took my first suppressed kill with, Wexford CO MI 8pt. SDN-6
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great thread! Look forward to following along. I’m wanting to get my first suppressor and put it on my G2 for plinking and hunting. Right now leaning towards 300 blackout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an 8" AR15 in 300BO, light weight bbl from LAW-GUNS built about 6 yrs back. Runs great with subs or supers. For a semiauto centerfire it is a good host. I have tried powder coated cast bullets in it with good results as well as the normal JHP stuff. Not as quiet as a Contender would be 30 220gr pills on board, yippy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve got a silencerco harvester on my 30-06 encore. I havent shot subsonic in it, but it quiets down supersonic loads quite nicely.
Getting my 243 barrel threaded as we type.
I have some trapdoor level 45/70 loads I use in my katahdin barrel, I’ll have to get it threaded to use my Osprey 45 on it sometime.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Above is the 44 contender. 300 xtp and a charge of 700x has worked well with the pistol and my Ruger 77/44 integral suppressed rifle. I have a 8” AR pistol in 7.62x39 I use with a sub load of.308 hornady sub x bullets that works well. Wish I could get a contender in 7.62x39
Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal Tail Air gun

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
... Wish I could get a contender in 7.62x39 ...
SSK made some, MGM will make one and the lug allows it only work with G2 frames.

Below is a 18" 5.7x28 I wanted to try as a pistol. It was a lot of fun chasing groundhogs, but decided the cartridge wasn't a huge improvement over a 22WMR. Can is a YHM Phantom 5.56.
Air gun Trigger Plant Shotgun Wood

I think I have removed photos of most of my other suppressed set ups. When time allows I will try to get some to share. Currently running a 8.5" 22LR with rimfire can handgun style , 16" 300 Whisper with Mystic-X in a carbine set up. Hopefully will get a deer with the latter set up next week and get a picture up then. I really want a threaded 357 for plinking and hunting, maybe even SBR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts