Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Part of Husbands Statement;

Though everything inside of me wants to hate, be angry, and slip into despair I choose the route of forgiveness, grace and hope. If there is one thing I’ve learned from Amanda in the 10 years we were together, it’s this: Choosing to let my emotions drive my decisions is recipe for a hopeless and fruitless life. Today I am deciding to love, not hate. Today I am deciding to extend forgiveness, not bitterness. Today I am deciding to hope, not despair. By Jesus’ power at work within us, the best is STILL yet to come. Even when I don’t see it, I believe it to be true.
He is a better Man than I am

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Wasn't she also pregnant with their second child? If she was that's two counts of murder.
To bad they don't use the electric chair anymore, if they did they should forget to wet the sponge.
Fry him like bacon.

·
Super Moderator
11,143 Posts
There is room for self-sacrifice and forgiveness in this world - to ease his pain. However, We The People go the distance and administer Justice...either a cold needle of barbituates or the steel door slammed and locked shut on a dank and never lighted room with nothing but their own thoughts - till death.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
We The People go the distance and administer Justice...either a cold needle of barbituates or the steel door slammed and locked shut on a dank and never lighted room with nothing but their own thoughts - till death.

OK Land_Owner for Attorney General or Czar of justice at least. ;)

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Land_Owner said:
There is room for self-sacrifice and forgiveness in this world - to ease his pain. However, We The People go the distance and administer Justice...either a cold needle of barbituates or the steel door slammed and locked shut on a dank and never lighted room with nothing but their own thoughts - till death.

Dang, that's what the Angel of Death told Lord Standfield he was going to do to him if he didn't stop doing to his subjects what he was doing. But it would have no doors, no windows, and that's where he would spend eternity.
It was also used it Meet Joe Black where Brad Pitt played Charon, the Angel of Death.

Are either of these where you got that Land Owner? Because in literature, mythology, and legend it's been commonly used by Charon. I would say it but it's too creepy if you knew its origins.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Land_Owner said:
Actually, I made it up spontaneously. What or Whom does that make me?

Subconsciously, I could have gotten it from 'Meet Joe Black'. I like that movie immensely. Death or Taxes...

Maybe, I've seen it used several times always by Charon. Sorta like he might be giving them one more chance to get it right, or else. Out of all the Greek Mythological gods, Charon is the only one that has persevered in any kind of reference. Some say even the Bible, but I've never found any reference to him people take scripture and
read into it what they want to hear. But him telling someone that came from somewhere and it's as old as he is himself.

Shakespeare referred to it, that it isn't him that has the power to do that. But he is sent to take them and he is describing a form of **** thats reserved for those of certain crimes like this one.
Like a holding cell, until judgment day where then they are cast into the lake of fire with all other evil.
And it may not be an Angel like him at all, there are plenty of Angels that could fit the description.

And since in Medieval times Charon was considered an Archangel anyway, one that comes to mind and has been mentioned is Rafael. Who isn't real fond of humans anyway, but he follows orders.

·
Super Moderator
11,143 Posts
Argent11 said:
...I've seen it used several times always by Charon. Sorta like he might be giving them one more chance to get it right, or else...that it isn't him that has the power to do that. But he is sent to take them and he is describing a form of **** thats reserved for those of certain crimes like this one. Like a holding cell, until judgment day where then they are cast into the lake of fire with all other evil.
Tough to think that a God like ours, a loving God, would let souls burn in **** for all of Eternity. But then, some crimes against Humanity are deserving of harsher punishment than Man can dole out.

I got badly burned once, deep 2nd degree, about 25% of me, both arms, both legs, hands, and side of face. For a month I was "on fire". At the time I would not have wished that on my worst enemy. That was ****. Trial by Fire. I wasn't doing pennance for some sin either, just being stupid with an accelerant. Don't use accelerants to start a fire. It can and will go badly for you. My way today of being a Good Example of a Bad Example.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Good man Land Owner, on the other hand I've heard **** described as the complete separation from God and his light. Total darkness, and the **** you envision it is, is the pain resulting from that.
Adds credence to what was said to be what Charon said it was. But this is getting into being in the wrong forum
so I'll leave it at that.

But accually based on our own fear of total darkness and loneliness. Very powerful emotions that could conjure up all kinds of things and superstitions not related to anything the Bible says. But we build our own hells by how we live and our own convictions.

·
Super Moderator
11,143 Posts
Very interesting discourse. The "Dark Side" (in our own consciousness and away from The Light) are not concepts that I have previously considered. Very good Food for Thought. We'll leave it at that. Then again, this IS the POLITICS-RELIGION-TODAY'S NEWS Forum and this is a CROSS-OVER discussion between "worlds/forums". Regards...

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
People were always afraid of the dark and the boogie man, things that go bump in the night. They burned innocent women alive calling them witches, because they didn't agree with a common train of belief.
Our own sins committed to each other were clearly a result of this. And had no reference in the teachings of Christ. More like we are now seeing from the Koran.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Land_Owner said:
In this case, don't bother with the barbiturates..just go ahead with an injection of about 6 oz of kerosene..

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
ironglow said:
Land_Owner said:
In this case, don't bother with the barbiturates..just go ahead with an injection of about 6 oz of kerosene..

After that send them to the room, of no doors, no windows, and no light. Nothing, and let them bask in their own insanity. Where they can't even commit suicide and hope that ends it.
Could you imagine, not even others sharing in your torment. No conception of time, nothing only you.
Reliving all the evil that you did to others, over and over again. Now that's ****.

·
Super Moderator
11,143 Posts
Some say, and I have no reason to doubt, that light is emitted at one's death, as an energy that can be weighed. The Soul? If true, then that energy might "wander" in the vastness of the Universe looking to be reunited with "The Light". Food for Thought. Does the afterlife include "consciousness"? No one can say. Wandering around as energy in the darkness, vastness, and debilitating cold of the Universe might seem like Pergatory if there is consciousness.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts