Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many swaging die mfgs. are there that you can think of and how to contact them? One would think that you could get some dies without the 8 months to a year wait that the 2 corbins have.

·
Registered
436 Posts
:D

I don’t know how many die makers there are. But most of them don’t advertise because they do not do the die making full time or as a business. They only make dies on the side and mostly only for a select few friends. The 2 Corbin’s do it as a full time business. And they are the only ones I know of that make bullet swaging dies full time. You may, of course, come across someone that does advertise once in a while. But even these people don’t do die making full time. :wink:

Donna

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'll second what Donna says: after 8 years of bullet swaging, and reading all references to the subject, I've followed a few dead ends: Only the two Corbin brothers have continued commercial business. The last of their competition died in the late 80s, I think. Dave would give you the names and addresses of several makers of one-off dies, but their prices are about 3x his, and the wait even longer. AND, most importantly, they have little to no supporting products (core molds, cannelure machines, saws, etc) or range of die types. Even folks overseas go to the Corbins for swaging items so there's a void elsewhere in the world for these products at the hobby level. ((RCBS and CH/4D still do make jacket and bullet reduction dies)) Of course, you could always post a 'wanted' blurb on this board asking if anyone had what you wanted for sale. 8)

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
There's some used stuff for sale right now in the classifieds section on the Corbin site. You can also contact Dave to see if he has any die sets and presses you're interested in - on an "immediate delivery" basis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Larry Blackmun in Louisana is still in business. Just got a price list from him.

He sells a smaller range of dies for the miti-mite press, but most rifle calibers.

Bullet Swaging Supply (?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts