Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told myself that I needed to slow down on the gun buying, but I've been looking for one more. My co-worker told me he was going to a gun show, so I told him what I'd been looking for. I told him I was looking for an H&R or NEF single-shot .410 in serviceable condition. He asked what kind of price range I was looking for so I told him that I'd priced brand new ones at Rural King for $185, but they sold out before I could get one and didn't look like they were getting any more. I told him I preferred the case hardened colored receivers anyway and the new ones weren't. I told him I didn't care for the black stock and nickel receiver of the Topper Deluxe either. I never thought he would find anything!

He called me Saturday and said he had found about what I was looking for and he thought he could get it for $130. He said it was a Topper 158 in pretty good shape. I told him, BUY IT!

This is what he brought to work today:

As you possibly know, I was grinning like s school kid!

It was missing a bead sight and a forearm screw, but I don't care! I had a bead to put on it and I can get a screw for the forearm!

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
trying to pay a compliment on your
new rod, but something is losing the posts :(

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Ol said:
I did a little editing, hope that didn't mess things up!

[/quote]

no, it's an ongoing thing. i've learned to just bite my lip and plow ahead ;)

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
about like my pawn shop find youth 22" full choked 410 with nice wood and wedge fore end, well we will say a little bit cheaper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts