Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chicken and dumplings in a can. They are actually pretty good, with crackers.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I agree, I've ate a few cans of it too...

DM

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Yes; pretty good. ..But now that I am alone, that big can is a bit much for one sitting ! Haven't tried it with crackers, will have to do that..

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I see you guys are dipping into your hoarded supplies🤓

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
I didn't hoard supplies. My problem is that all our years together, my wife did all the shopping. Since I lost my wife 3 years ago, I have had

to learn those skills, and I am a slow learner, when it comes to housewife skills. I end up tossing outdated stuff away.

BTW: Like the Dinty Moore stew, sweet Sue only comes in big cans.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Canned foods last a long time past there best by date although they are best long before that.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't hoard supplies. My problem is that all our years together, my wife did all the shopping. Since I lost my wife 3 years ago, I have had

to learn those skills, and I am a slow learner, when it comes to housewife skills. I end up tossing outdated stuff away.

BTW: Like the Dinty Moore stew, sweet Sue only comes in big cans.

You do ok for yourself IG. I didn't mention the Dinty Moore, but you knew about it :tango_face_smile:
Maybe sweet sue wants to feed you?

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
Canned foods last a long time past there best by date although they are best long before that.
They last a long, long, long, long, long time.
Unless a can rusts through or is punctured, the contents of most, are the same as when canned, only pickled stuff goes off as the vinegar turns it mushy.
Still edible but not what you desired usually.
There used to be, or still is, another chicken and dumplings that came in those vending machines we used to have at work.
I ate a lot of those at lunch, good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts