Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :D HEy guys , i need help, discverd that i need a trigger job done ,i get good accuracy but noticed that the scope starts to shack as i squezze the trigger, ido get excelent groups but, i know it can be better, how is a trigger job done on a conteneder?and were do i start ?
thanks '
kevin

·
Registered
558 Posts
For a TC Contender, you can usually adjust the creep and overtravel screws with good results. I never measured the pull on mine but it was pretty stiff. Adjustments to creep and overtravel screws on the gun made it perceptably better. Between that and a grip change (Pachmyer Grippers are the way to go), I went from shooting 3" patterns to shooting groups just over 1" at 100 yards with my .223 barrel.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
TC includes instructions, in the owner's manual, on how to adjust the Contender trigger and how to test for function. I got my two frames adjusted to 28 oz just using the adjustment screw.
Greg

·
Registered
19 Posts
helobill said:
Lots of info on doing one, the whys and hows on Mike Bellm's web site www.bellmtcs.com along with a couple links to other articles.
Helicopter Bill
Mike also does great trigger jobs on the Contender as well as the Encore. I think the Contender is $40. Don't even need to send the frame in, just the trigger group. Check out his site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
VVCG

Sent my frame to the fine folks at Virgin Valley a few months back. I believe it was $65, including return shipping. Received it in a few weeks with the sweetest trigger pull I've ever felt; 20 ounces, and REAL short. It's absolutely awesome! Took me from 21-23 range to 24-25 (100%) at our local hunter's trail shoots. :lol:

Best,
Arrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts