Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A close friend of mine told me yesterday that he overheard some conversation about the roof caving in at the T/C plant from heavy snow. :eek: The details were that the cave in was over the new G2 production area and as a result, a fire started and halted manufacturing. :roll: Has anyone heard this tall tale too? I seem to think that if T/C was like Rumple Stilskin, all their 10" barrels would be growing into carbine barrels by now. :)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right! :) :) :) :) :) It's been a long time since I had to go through that routine with fairy tales.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Well guys, I now know for a fact that the T/C factory did not have a collapse.
Being a fire fighter I have the abulity to get information that others might not get so esay.
I sent an email to the chaplin of the fire station that would respond to thompsond center factory. below is cut from the email he sent me back

"Rumor only,there was a multi million dollar fire four or five years ago
and a small one last year.Heard nothing on my pager checked with Chief
******* no problem.

****** *. ****** "[/color]

the names where blocked by me

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D Thanks so much for clearing that up for us rickyp. I want to maintain my confidence in Thompson Center but with all the delay on the G2, I am struggling.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My call was received in the order it was received by the next availible operator. I heard that so many times I can ........ anyway, called T/C and was told (while she was laughing at my question) there has been no fires, avalanches, tornadoes, or snow storms in the factory!! :-D

Newest date for the G2.......................April 2005. :eek: ......no, no April 2003. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Snow collapsing roof and subsequent fire ?!

W E L L . . . it would have helped to support the fact that the G2 will be in stores WHEN **** FREEZES OVER !! :-D

:(

·
Registered
213 Posts
She must have been fielding quite a few questions regarding problems at the factory. I ask about a roof collapse, she starts laughing and says, " we haven't had any roof collapses, fires, avalanches, tornados, or any other natural disasters at the factory." :shock: Not sure where the avalanches came from, but then she got pretty short (still maintaining professionalism) with me when the G2 question came up! :-D

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
i sure would like to know whats goin on at TC. went to the gun shop today and couldn't put in a order for a G2. :roll: no surprise, thats what i figured. BUT he couldn't even get a encore, frame, barrel or anything. :eek: they are all on backorder. the shop owner says they(tc) are 8-9weeks behind. :evil: that just burns my hind end. someone over there(at tc) better get their head out of theirs. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Now that's cold, really cold!

Only been on the post for 2 days and already feel at home, cut no slack, noooo Slack!

My Opinion,
Graycg :eek:

·
Administrator
26,246 Posts
T/C nimrod. I doubt it on an emoticon. It is way too large.

Dunno what you're talking about on the heavy hitters. Gonna hafta refresh my memory here. Have you asked me a question somewhere I've not answered? How? By e-mail, PM or on a post? If on a post be aware that now that I have Moderators for all forums I read only a small percentage of the threads on these forums and unless you make a new thread with my name it I very well may never see the question if buried in some other thread.

GB

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Graybeard,
Can I copy that photo for my own use?

PaulS

·
Administrator
26,246 Posts
Paul. Matters not to me. I don't own it. I got it from somewhere on the internet. It has a URL and that's how I posted it. It doesn't reside on my site and I suppose some day the site it is on will drop it but for now you can use that url if you know how to get it..

GB

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I traced down the picture and got to a protected area - I was able to contact the provider and have a note to them for the owner to contact me. I am trying to avoid copyright problems in the use of this photo. If I can't get a hold of the owner I will just have to make a new one with the same message. Thanks for the help.

PaulS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.