Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the special issue of Guns and Ammo. On page 54 they review the T/C G2 contender. They say "that this new G2 contender platform is up and running" and that "it is available in 12 inch and 14 inch barreled versions". How come us in the shooting world didn't know this. I beleave every word this article says, don't you folks?........Well don't you?...huh?

'

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it still alive?

In my new NRA magazine they have an article telling that the G2 will be out next year- :)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
...a little note I dropped to Guns&Ammo Magazine...

Just got your new special issue for 2003. You say the new G-2 Thompson is up and running. We have been hearing this for years. By the way...did you know the G-2 was going to be ready this last Spring?...and the year before that? ...and now they say on their website that it will be released in the fall....but they FAIL TO SAY WHAT YEAR. Did anyone on your Staff actually have one in their hand, or actually see one, or feild test one. I know a whole lot of people who would love to confirm this information, but sad to say...I beleive that you are merely passing on a lie that was handed to you by Thompson. If you do not beleive me....ask Thompson to deliver one for testing and evaluation. My bet is that you will only get excuses like the rest of us have. It does NOT exist. If you want to talk to the people that have felt the most impact from these deceptions, go to www.graybeardoutdoors.com the largest website of compiled Contender and Encore data on the internet. See what the guys there think about it. Sincerely, Robert MacFarland

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it still alive?

:eek: In my NRA magazine Eric Brooker, communications and advertising director for Thompson/Center Arms. Is the one that was Interviewed. :-D

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Thompson's website claims....

...the G-2 has been successfully used by 'SEVERAL' writers on hunts.....I seriously doubt that we would not have gotten any feedback here if this were true......yanking my chain....OK...let me ask this...Where else on the internet are these people going with this data and info? Is there some other place where Contender shooters go? I have seen a few places with VERY LITTLE INFO for Thompson Firearms. To the best of my knowledge...this is the place.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
...just one more thought....

If/and When the G-2 arrives....are they going to re-call ALL Contenders because they are unsafe?
Dont get me wrong....I know we all love our Contenders...but in the hands of a novice...they have a serious safety flaw, and I am sure that this is the reason for re-designing the Contender...rather than being able to re-cock it with out opening the action.....the fact remains that IF IT IS NOT RE-COCKED... if you decide not to take a shot and lay the hammer down...the contender is UNSAFE and WILL fire if bumped or dropped. I wonder how many lawsuits Thompson has had due to this 'hindsight' causing accidents, injury or death. The only warning that I ever received about this problem came too late, but fortuneatly no-one died. There is NO MENTION about the problem in ANY of the literature I have ever seen for Contender or at their website. Graybeards site is the only place I have ever heard it mentioned.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
g-2 Contender

:) In the new for 2003 section of the latest Shooting Times rag,under the T/C section there is mention the G-2 Contender Carbine being available in .17 HMR, 22 LR Match, .223,30-30, and 45-70 Govt. Also available is a 209 x 45 muzzleloading barrel......and the Encore is going to be available in .375 H&H. We can only hope. :eek:

·
Registered
470 Posts
G-2

I was at the shot show in Las Vegas last Jan. That was 2002. They had 1 ( that's one ) G-2 on hand for the public to handle. They said there were a few on loan to gun writers but nothing available for sale untill this fall. I was interested in stainless and was told that it would probably be a few years AFTER the blued model was available so I bought a second SS contender while they were still available from VVCG and don't plan on ever seeing the G-2 and at this point don't really care. I use an Encore for large calibers and blk. powder. Their poor excuse of back log on Black Diamond rifles won't work because if they were that far behind they should hire more help. The custom shop is a working part of the same factory but they seem to have time to get out the more expensive custom barrels. Maybe we need to quit buying barrels so they can catch up.
Ya right!!!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
THE joke is on you...Even if it ever comes out

I don't like how they gave the Omega (The Omega concept was developed after the G2)piorty over the G2. If they wouldn't have done that the G2 would have already been out.....OOPS typing in dreamland again.....good thing I woke up before freddy got me! :-D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I talked to a salesman from one of the biggest gunshops here in Ohio yesterday and he said he is looking for the G2 in the spring? I was calling hoping to run accross a nice used Contender but even they are pretty much dried up in these parts, when they do come out they will fly off the shelves like gangbusters much like the 17HMRs did earlier this year, around here shops had waiting list of 20-25 people but only had 1 or 2 guns trickling in here and there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts