Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a one-piece locking bolt back to T/C for replacement with a two-piece assy. The replacement part I received has the "roller" or cross-pin on the bolt made as part of the bolt. It is an "ear" cast/forged on the side of the bolt half, and is no longer a separate piece. Has this change been out a while, and I missed it? I guess this will be a part of the G-2? I don't know if it's a good thing or not, only time will tell..............Bug.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Bug:

I just received a new 10" .357 bull barrel from Ed that has this same type of bolt. First one I've seen, and it seems a lot looser in the barrel lug than the older style. The profile of the top of the bolt parts is different, too; more stepped rather than tapered. I haven't tried it on a frame yet, so I don't know how it will work or lock up. Maybe I'll get around to it tonight - so many guns to play with, so little time!

RonF

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that you mention it,

I see that too. The locking surface of the lugs have a very definite squarish step, rather than the taper we are familiar with. Should make them easier to stone down, though.........Bug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.