Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
best scope value going. why aren't there more 2.5x scopes out there? all these great big scopes everywhere. like everyone is shooting 1000yds

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Do they still make this? Looked at their website and 4X is the lowest fixed power listed.

Been searching for just a plain 2 1/2X20 with a crosshair or plex reticle to put on a .44 mag Handi rifle. Found a few (very few) that have those stupid "pro diamond", "pro shot",etc reticles that I can't stand, but that's about all.

Bought a Simmons 2X32 shotgun scope awhile back and discovered much to my dismay that due to it's long eye relief the field of view is about the same as a normal 4X scope (my fault for not checking out the specs first!).

Most places I hunt a 100 yard shot would be very rare, with 15 to 40 yds being about average so I'd like something with a large FOV.

If anybody out there has any ideas I'd sure appreciate hearing them.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this might be a left over. it's new, with the diamond in the crosshairs. found in a small shop. i like these 2.5x scopes. also found a nice 2.5 bushnell banner. have you looked at the bsa deerhunter 2.5x?

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Checked the BSA specs, only has 26.2 ft FOV - less than most 4X's.

I've just about came to the conclusion I'll have to buy a low power variable which I'll set at 3X and never move!

Thanks for the reply though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.