Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here tried one out?

I am trying to decide between the 24/7 in .45acp and a S&W Sigma 40VE.

Both feel really good in my hand.

The Taurus is listed at 399.95 and the Sigma is 345.00 out-the-door.

Which one of these would you buy and why?

This will be used for concealed carry.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
i loved my sigma sw9ve and it never ever jammed or malfunctioned at all. but i have also heard good things about the taurus. this might be one of those deals where you cant go wrong.

-Matt

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
I have a sigma sw9ve also. I have run about 500 rounds through it and not one jam up or malfunction. I carry it in my truck all the time. So I would go with the sigma. :D

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Haven't owned either one. Have had some experience with the Sigma that belonged to a friend. Not a bad gun, just not one I would buy. My preference is the .45. I plan to look at the 24/7. I have heard a lot of good things about it. Doubt that any of them will replace my 1911s, but I like all types of guns. Might be fun to give the 24/7 a try. It's my understanding that it is more compact than the Sigms-------not really sure. If it's as big as the Sigma I'd have to pass on both.
Savage

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 24/7 is not much different is size compared to the Sigma, but they both feel small in your hand. The 24/7 has a double stack mag and is very slim in the grip. I was amazed at that. Both are very carry-friendly and that is what I am looking for. I had a P-95 that I sold because it just wasn't a good carry gun.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a sigma and sold it. I've never shot the 24/7 but have shot other Taurus semi's. I'd pick the taurus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts