Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the TC Compass barrel shank size and TPI?

Does it conform to any other brand barrel such as a Savage or Remington 700 barrel?

Has anyone here ever re-barreled a TC Compass?

If yes, what was you experience? Was it easy like a Savage barrel nut swap or really tough like a 100 year old rusted on mauser barrel that was put on by a trained 800 lb gorilla?

Thank You in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone rebarreling a Compass. Seems the price is low enough that you could buy another for less than a barrel swap unless you just have to get a non standard caliber or twist. My 6.5 cm isn't getting anything changed. Most accurate rifle I've ever seen with factory ammo and less than $200 when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed on the good and cheap part. I have one in 223 Rem and it shoots anything I feed it pretty good. Plus I am a big fan of the 3 position safety that locks the bolt in the action. I love the Ruger 77 platform for that reason. Very handy in the field when slugging through thick brush that can grab a non locking bolt and shift it out of battery.

A very good and cheap rifle that can be easily rebarreled makes for an excellent custom build platform where budget is a concern similar to the savage axis, 10/110, and stevens rifles.

Value lives only in the mind of the buyer.

Just gives us tinkerers one more good option with a different set of features if it can be easily rebarreled.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

That is what I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts