Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a TC Contender G1 with 3 barrels. Was looking for a couple of additional grips and forends and am wondering about the best source for these. Found some on MidwayUsa made by Pachmayr that look decent. A push in in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
pdub7-

Good sources include the GBO Contender Classifieds, and (sometimes) eBay.

Don’t overlook the “Misc.” box sitting on the table in the gun shop, pawn shop, or at the gun show.

There are still good deals to be had, especially for a “patient” shopper.

There have been many OEM and aftermarket grip styles, over the years. I want to “try them all!” 😆

Here’s a link to Tony’s Grips and Forends as mentioned above:

No personal experience, but I’ve admired his work for a while! ❤

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You didn't say what barrel's (caliber) you have so I don't know what you're shootin', and it makes a BIG difference. Pachmayr Grippers or Presentation models are heavy and ugly, but oh my, they tame the big boys so well. Anything medium to light, I prefer factory or Tony's, or whatever fits your hand the best. Enjoy, Walt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. I ordered a Pachmayer to try. I have a 357 mag, 44 and 30-30 barrel. Your responses are very helpful. Much appreciated. I am sure I will have additional questions as things progress.

PW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts