Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Just a recommendation, why don't you try the TC Cheapshots instead? It's a 240gr all lead hollow point, shoots to same POI as the Hornady 240gr XTP, so you can use the cheapshots for practice or for hunting. It works well for both purposes, plus their less expensive. Have taken 3 deer with them so far, all DRT shots.

Don't know for sure, but my best guess is that Hornady makes the 230gr HP for TC.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/34...er-230-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-box-of-100

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually looked for the cheapshots but I couldn't find them and the surefires were 6.94 per 20 so I got em since money was a big factor in it I'm gonna try to get them to group when I get to shoot this weekend hopefully they will put meat on the table this year

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They shot as well as could be expected considering this particular rifle had been last used by my dad 5 years ago just remembered the gun this year and have done the best I could with the sewer pipe barrel it'll do 4 inches at 100 with these sabotage and 95 grains of black mz from alliant with the factory open sights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts