Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
No one around here has one(yet) but I'll almost bet the bank they are shooters! The hand removable ( no tools) breech plug is a nice feature.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I did handle one tonight and it is lighter than the encore and balances a little nicer than other guns ( not as muzzle heavy ) they had two models one with the camo stock and weather resistant barrel the other was completely camo I liked the look of it but i am just not sure how the finish will hold up

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
it should hold up well. i would get the blued version.whn i was buying another encore in 45cal muzzle loader they had one and that was when they first came out. i about bought it but didn't because i wanted to hear more pros and cons about it

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Father in Law brought his triumph over to sight it in tonite. Unfortunately he is going with iron sights right now so I cant really tell you how the accuracy was. The gun was a nice gun. If I had to pick between the Triumph and my Omega for the type of hunting I do I would choose the omega. If they would redesign the omega with the new breach plug in it I would definitely get the omega. This is coming from a guy that always wants the latest and greatest new things. The triumph was a lighter more well balanced gun but I feel the omega maybe a more accurate gun, in saying this I have no facts to prove this just my gut feeling. The Triumph did have a very tight barrel, he was having troubles putting 250 shockwaves with the yellow sabots down the barrel with my range rod. The one thing i did not like which I was hoping to avoid but I guess I am nuts in thinking this, is once it was time to clean the gun to get a good cleaning you still have to break the gun down. The area in front of the firing pin and behind the breach plug was loaded with fouling. I still think it is a good gun and would buy it if I could not get an omega. Just my two cents worth and that is about all its worth.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
did you check the breach plug and make sure it was tight? the one i held fit tight and you needed to move it a little tighter with the supplied tool. if you didn't then it will have blow back. if it keeps doing it give t/c a call and get another breach plug. it has the 3 rings of steel on the breach plug to prevent blow back. i have the regular breach plug on my encore and have hardly any blow back. after 2 shots i let it cool a little and tighten the breach plug

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yes those are that's why I use old Winchester primers I bought years ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi, just finished sighting in my new triumph 1-1/2 group at 100 yards. yes gun is scoped.
took 7 shots without swabbing barrel. using t/c 250g shockwaves . just can find a bad thing wrong with this gun.i would recommend to anybody looking to purchase an inline. good hunting everyone!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
if you want tighter groups i would try 100 grains of triple seven and a 195 grain powerbelt areo tip. thats what my encore likes. yours may not but i think you can get better groups out of it than that. what type of scope are you using?

·
Registered
15 Posts
shot again this morning. tightened group up to less than 1" using 100g triple 7 loose w/250g shockwaves. i usw a leupold 2x7 scope. good enough for my old eyes

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Sounds great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts