Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
:D Hello Leftoverdj,

You will not save any money by swaging, what money you doe save is eat up in labor plus more. You should only get into swaging if you love to make bullets other wise buy them. If you cannot afford Corbin prices, even Richard’s prices then don’t get started because they are the lowest prices around. If you want to get stated on a shoe string budget then go to ebay (Item # 3604043028) and get one of those Mity-Mite presses and go from there. But if you don’t like the time that swaging requires then you will not like swaging.

I have a C-H press to sell for $100.00 but I don't know anyone that makes dies for it and frankly I won’t want them. I’m happy with my S-press by Corbin (Dave) but I do like Richard’s Walnut Hill press better. :wink:

Donna 8)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Bullet maker, Thanks for the info. on the C&H dies, I didn’t know that.
:D
Leftoverdj, I was not trying to talk you out of swaging, I just did not want you going into it with the wrong idea and then being dishearted :cry: wishing you had never gotten into it. I love :-D swaging and reloading, just wish I had a garage so I could have a lathe to make my own cases and a section to make my own primers too, with the proper licensing of course. Being 100% self sufficient in ammunition what a way to hunt.

When you get the press and die set let us know what it was like making your first bullet. It was a real rush for me, me making bullets, that was as slick as sliced bread. :wink:

Donna

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.