Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
C&H dies

Hello leftoverdj; :D
I used to own some of the C&H dies that you were asking about. they were in the 38 cal and 444 cal. the 444 were special order. The prices are a lot cheaper than Corbins. I have Corbins as well, so I`m not trying to slight anybody.
They (C&H) still make the dies, and if you go to a search engine on you computor you should be able to find them. If I can find my old stuff I will let you know where its at. There complete dies run around $109.00. Thats pretty cheap. You are like me when I first started out and couldn`t afford the more expensive stuff. I been there. It`s a two die set that will fit in you reloading press. The machine work is very good. Are they as good as Corbin? No. Will they do the job for you? Yes. You will still need a source of lead cores for the copper cup`s as well as copper cups. I might add that you watch e-bay alot and search for bullet swaging. about once a week, someone will sell swaging stuff on there and you never know if its going to be Corbin or C&H. I also recommend that you view all the posting in Greadbeards, this site for a lot of good reading and where to go to different sites.
As far as saving money makeing your own bullets, sometimes you will depends on the calibur. For instance, a while back Midway arms. was selling 38-357 , 158 grain, jacketed hollow point bullets for $35.00 per thousand. I couldn`t make them that cheap, so I bought a couple of thousand of em. But on the other hand I can make my own .429 bullets for my 444 Marlin lever action rifle cheaper than I can buy the finished product. Another advante of makeing you own, is, for instance, I make my own bullets for my .375 Marlin lever action, which I cannot find anywhere except if they have a speical run, once in a great while.
So in essence weigh all the advantages, and go for it. Its fun and relaxing hobby.
bullet maker :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
C&H dies

Hi leftoverKJ; :D
I went back in my rat den and found some of the iterature for you.
The C&H web site is: www.ch4d.com There phone no. is (740)397-7214.
If you go to there web site. you can down load anything you want.
Have a good day.
bullet maker :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.