Graybeard Outdoors banner

301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
16,175 Posts
Yes Argent11, and I appreciate that and I consider you and yours are mine as well.
We don't all get closer to the image of the Son as we get older, the way we are supposed to, it is a choice.
A certain person who shall remain unnamed, posts in a pretty stable manner
until genuine faith comes up, then he flips out and acts irrational, the obvious sign his practice of faith isn't one that produces what it should, the Galatians 5 Fruit of the Spirit.
blessings

·
23,845 Posts
Somehow part of my post got deleted..so here it is;

Michigan has shorelines which touch 4 of the 5 great. lakes. Other states such as Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania and NY also have the Great Lakes battering their shores. When the winds whip up, or ice piles up, those shorelines often suffer significant damage to breakers, shorelines, highways, homes, bridges, businesses and infrastructures. Yes, then it is US Army engineers, federal programs (e.g.FEMA) to the rescue.
Would such states as Kansas, Iowa, Montana, Arizona and yes, Texas have a legitimate complaint that these funds are being wasted?

Don't lose sight of just what is meant by the UNITED States !

..And unlike the Democrats seem to think ..the unicorns and tooth fairys will not be paying the bill !
US Army Corps of Engineers built the Soo locks, dredge navigation channels and maintain harbor facilities that allow bulk shipping of important resources to users producing goods and food which y'all down south consume. iron ore for steel production, wheat and corn for bread and cereal, and limestone for cement and construction. Now, if you want to give up Cheerios, F-150s, and concrete roads then we could save some money on US Army COE efforts on the Great Lakes.
Well, when I drive in any direction from my house (in the south), I see thousands and thousands of acres of corn and wheat.
A little riding around and I see rock quarries mining all types of rock and gravel. So I think we'd be alright in that regard.

·
Registered
16,175 Posts
we went through this a couple hundred years ago, inland states didn't want to support a navy, it was settled and we all know we all benefit from the protection of our shores.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Texas does have shoreline as well. So,their not landlocked.

·
24,482 Posts
Well, when I drive in any direction from my house (in the south), I see thousands and thousands of acres of corn and wheat.
A little riding around and I see rock quarries mining all types of rock and gravel. So I think we'd be alright in that regard.
I like that shale rock that comes out of the ground in sheets. Down around Breckenridge, and Albany Texas.
That stuff works great for patios and floors. Especially when they flash it with acid, then all the colors
really come out in it.

Texas mines that stuff and ships it all over the country.

·
22,367 Posts
tough to make a car, tractor, truck, or tank out of that stone. Or even a gun barrel. Food wize its the mid west. Niether the north our south could survive without the Midwest farms. Lack of steel production is what cost the south that war. Nothing changed other then were even more dependent on steel. . Lets see what would be hard on the north. The price of cotton tshirts would skyrocket, oranges and Marlboros and jack danials too. Maybe oil but theres quite a bit of that in Alaska and out west too.

·
23,845 Posts
Build that damm wall!

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
When I lived in Anthony NM they raised lots of cotton there. And the largest pecan grove in the world is in the hatch river valley as well. So cotton & pecans are available west of the mason/Dixon line.

·
23,845 Posts
The best thing about Texas is it isn't home to "the Michigan meltdown" and all those "made up facts" borne of alcohol, pills.

·
22,367 Posts
No need for a comeback bashing Texans. I know perfectly well the couple the childish haters here don't represent the REAL people of texas and I also know dammed well that the state your born in sure isn't a measure of your manhood . What made you fear them so deeply. Did one or two get the best of you at work. Build that wall (and even put your little childish code next to it:tango_face_kiss:) Are we in grade school here. By the way take a look out in your driveway. The people of Michigan thank you:tango_face_wink:.
The best thing about Texas is it isn't home to "the Michigan meltdown" and all those "made up facts" borne of alcohol, pills.

·
24,482 Posts
Texas? Peanuts, and they grow a lot of produce. Some of the farms were so big they couldn't run power to
it all. So they had generators they would move around for the pumps and pivots. Yes I've had to work on
them also. Same thing with NM, so I think betweeen the two of us we would be just fine.

Lots of beef and poultry, sunflower farms, trout and catfish farms, lots of sunshine and wind, we are sure
not lacking in that. Labs, ranges, doing things they won't talk about. Lloyd buddy, this isn't the old South,
not by a long shot.

·
24,482 Posts
Personally, i feel like if Texas wasn't around. It would put the rest of the country on crutches, if not a
wheel chair.

Because she still has a spirit, she would survive just like she always has. Not like the cold and nearly lifeless
spirit of the North.

·
23,845 Posts
HATERS!!!! Everybody is a hater. The "Michigan Meltdown"!!!

Build that damm wall!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Texas? Peanuts, and they grow a lot of produce. Some of the farms were so big they couldn't run power to
it all. So they had generators they would move around for the pumps and pivots. Yes I've had to work on
them also. Same thing with NM, so I think betweeen the two of us we would be just fine.

Lots of beef and poultry, sunflower farms, trout and catfish farms, lots of sunshine and wind, we are sure
not lacking in that. Labs, ranges, doing things they won't talk about. Lloyd buddy, this isn't the old South,
not by a long shot.

Don't forget OIL. Texas has a lot of OIL and a lot of refining capacity.

·
22,367 Posts
must be a self portrait. Im not the one loosing it, posting childish cartoons and cub scout codes and crying to the management to have you banned and stirring up others to do the same. CRY!!! THEY WONT BUILD MY WALL :tango_face_crying::tango_face_crying::tango_face_crying: Where did all the hate come from? does it bother you that some of them have more money and live in nicer neighborhoods. Some probably even graduated college and some ever served there country and fought and died for it well you were eating donuts.

Well its been over a week since the wall was even mentioned on fox. Maybe you can get money for some other pet project. After all the rest of the country owes ITS EXISTANCE to Texans. Maybe we can start BUILD THAT MALL. A special one that only white protestant Texans are allowed in. They could sell cowboy boots, hats and those cool texas flags you put in your door track and ones that go on your back window. Just remember chances are that truck came from Michigan or mexico. :tango_face_wink:

So run to Bill again. See if it works out for you as well as when you lynched pastor. Now how long did you last after that? How long did it take management to see through to the real dee? Your a sly one. You will stir the pot and sit back and let other step over the line and get hung out to dry. You've been a master of that since you first started posting here. I wonder how many left greybeard just in the religion section due to you.? Just sad some others cant see that your using them and will turn on them like a rattle snake when it fits your agenda. Just like you did to pastor. Michigan meltdown. Nope just the opposite. You finally came up against someone you cant get to melt down. Some one whos measured you and found you lacking. Now BUILD THAT MALL CAUSE YOU AINT GETTING A WALL. You can have this one now. be sure to post though when they complete that wall because then ill sure have to eat some crow.
HATERS!!!! Everybody is a hater. The "Michigan Meltdown"!!!

Build that damm wall!!

·
23,845 Posts
Another MMD

I get so much credit I just didn't realize what an influencer I was.

Now! Build that damm wall!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Breaking story on fox news

Trump says Anne Coulter is a "wacky nut job" :

“Wacky Nut Job @AnnCoulter, who still hasn’t figured out that, despite all odds and an entire Democrat Party of Far Left Radicals against me (not to mention certain Republicans who are sadly unwilling to fight), I am winning on the Border. Major sections of Wall are being built...,” Trump tweeted.

....and renovated, with MUCH MORE to follow shortly. Tens of thousands of illegals are being apprehended (captured) at the Border and NOT allowed into our Country. With another President, millions would be pouring in. I am stopping an invasion as the Wall gets built. #MAGA,” he continued.

Sounds just like Lloyd: "wacky nut job".

MAGA!

301 - 319 of 319 Posts