Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow's, here's something I think is so. I'm shooting my little smoothbore with a Bushnell sportsman 4x32 rifle scope, of which allows me to obtain great accuracy. I'll never change this scope because I'm so use to it. I also understand there is some parallax to this scope. Now with the next smoothbore gun I build into a slug shooter I think a 2 1/2 power shotgun scope would be best. I do not shoot out to or beyond 100 yards, most of my shots are within 60 yards and I think that most 2 1/2 power shotgun scopes are without parallax which I believe would make a real difference in the overall shootabilty of a shorter range gun. Thanks for your replys. scout4 <><

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I don't think the parallax will ever be bad enough to notice shooting a smooth bore slug.
Someone with a good target rifle might notice.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I believe the parallax is 50yds on most shotgun scopes. A 2.5x is more then enough. you ever pick up a little more eye relief which is helpful.

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts

·
1,880 Posts
Simmons are a good deal for sure...I've used their Pro Diamond 4x32 scope on my Rem 870 slugger in the past. Generous eye relief. If I were to suggest a magnification though, I would go for 2x. The eye relief is 5.5" and the parallax setting is 50 yards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts