Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Ruger is chambering two rifles in 257 Roberts.
Are there any other new rifles offered in this cartridge.

·
Administrator
26,113 Posts
Browning does or did not sure of current status. Remington has chambered some 700s for it in the last few years. I had one once but traded it off without ever firing it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
257 said:
Coyote said:
A walnut/blue Ruger with a 22" barrel is my favorite rifle. What else do you need?

How about a Winchester 70 Featherweight
Built my own. Re-barreled a Winchester 270 to a 257 Ackley Improved. It is a tack driver with everything I load up. Don't need anything else for Caribou down.

bigboar

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Several years ago I bought a 257 barrel from Midway and had it screwed onto a Savage Serria in 243 I had. Haven't had any problems with the "short" action length. Have a Ruger MII in that also, haven't shot it enough to see what loads it likes. Finally broke down and got a 25-06 single shot and just sighted it in, now need to do the same with the Vangard 257 Weatherby. Wanted one of those for years but haven't had the time to play with it yet. DP.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a .257 barreled action, on a 98 mauser. It came with an ancient weaver scope. I've had it about 10 years. I keep meaning to build a stock for it, I may just go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Bigboar said:
Built my own. Re-barreled a Winchester 270 to a 257 Ackley Improved. It is a tack driver with everything I load up. Don't need anything else for Caribou down.

bigboar
Same here on the building one. My .257 Roberts started out life as an 8mm Turkish Mauser. Shoots sub-MOA all day long and because of it's weight, the recoil is barely noticeable. I think by the time I finished mine I had about $650-700 into it, but that included a brand new stock, barrel, and reblue, so for the most part it is a brand new rifle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts