Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wal Pard I think he is still alive and living in either Argentina or Bolivia like Adolph Hitler mahownself. But then I thought I saw him with Elvis last week at the shooting range. :-D

GB

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pat Garrett. who & why

Great topic, one I've been interested in for quite some time(Billy The Kid lore). I believe Wayne Brazil and Carl Adamson shot and killed Pat Garrett in Feb. 1908 just outside Las Cruces, NM in a land despute. Any new info or theories?
Clayton

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Marshal said:

Wal Pard I think he is still alive and living in either Argentina or Bolivia like Adolph Hitler mahownself. But then I thought I saw him with Elvis last week at the shooting range

Marshal, I'm only going to tell you this one last time. That was Pat's twin sister, Patsy, you keep seeing. Now please try and keep it straight.

Alpini said:

Any new info or theories?
Alpini, I'll throw my $0.02 in if/when we get some more input from the group.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Alpini's answer seems to spark a memory. I can't swear to any fact but I remeber reading an article by Sheriff Jim Wilson about this subject and what Alpini posted sounds right. I'll try to find the article.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I couldn't get it to load for me.
One of the reasons I'm interested in the subject is that I found some old letters in a attic from one of the men arrested in the murder of Garrett. Mainly, he's trying to get bail money from people. The handwriting is hard to read ( sloppy writing ). Found an old photo too, it's of a ranch house with a couple of cowboys out front and a few horses and a buckboard off to the side. Pretty neat.
Clay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts