Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The perpetrators of these hunts and executions ( murder's) also believed in trolls and ogres. So they would
go out into the woods hunting for them but they never found any. Because they don't exist, but that didn't
stop them.

They were known for grabbing some innocent wandering homeless person and accuse them of being a troll.
Who would be coming after their children if they weren't stopped.
Like they did by grabbing any innocent woman and and falsely accusing her of being a witch.
Sometimes things and peoples righteous mob attitudes just never change.

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
Of course trolls and ogres exist, we have three right here.:tango_face_surprise
And since they live forever, we're stuck with them.:tango_face_devil:

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Humm, perhaps we should capture them and burn them at the stake. One cannot ever be too careful.

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
Humm, perhaps we should capture them and burn them at the stake. One cannot ever be too careful.
I'll throw on the match.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hmmmm, grabbing wandering innocent homeless types and falsely accusing innocent women and causing their deaths (by burning at the stake)? Sounds like a good reason to own a gun, with many shots, and never go walking in the woods alone. Just sayin'...

Oh yeah, and puritans. So pure, but so is crap, pure sh__. All the more reason to own guns, either many guns with only one shot or one gun with many shots.

Just think of the travesties that could have been avoided if people had just had more guns and refused to listen to pontificating buffoons.

Founding Fathers were smart enough to separate church and state but to little effect though as both are now pretty corrupt and fulla crap. It worked for a while but corruption settles in everywhere.

If the puritans had any idea of what they were doing wrong do you think they would have continued? Probably. In terms of evolution I think they died out pretty much like the Neanderthal did, which just might have been a good thing. limited tolerance groups don't seem to last too long, thankfully. Now I'm just sayin'.....

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hmmmm, grabbing wandering innocent homeless types and falsely accusing innocent women and causing their deaths (by burning at the stake)? Sounds like a good reason to own a gun, with many shots, and never go walking in the woods alone. Just sayin'...

Oh yeah, and puritans. So pure, but so is crap, pure sh__. All the more reason to own guns, either many guns with only one shot or one gun with many shots.

Just think of the travesties that could have been avoided if people had just had more guns and refused to listen to pontificating buffoons.

Founding Fathers were smart enough to separate church and state but to little effect though as both are now pretty corrupt and fulla crap. It worked for a while but corruption settles in everywhere.

If the puritans had any idea of what they were doing wrong do you think they would have continued? Probably. In terms of evolution I think they died out pretty much like the Neanderthal did, which just might have been a good thing. limited tolerance groups don't seem to last too long, thankfully. Now I'm just sayin'.....
There are a couple of chapters about Salem and all of that stuff that was was going on there. In a book
I'm reading about the history of Massachusetts. Right now I'm reading about the old whaling industry that
was there out of Boston. A lot of those ships never came back, usually because of bad storms.

There is also a part about the old Springfield armory and how it came into being.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
There are a couple of chapters about Salem and all of that stuff that was was going on there. In a book
I'm reading about the history of Massachusetts. Right now I'm reading about the old whaling industry that
was there out of Boston. A lot of those ships never came back, usually because of bad storms.

There is also a part about the old Springfield armory and how it came into being.
Now would be a good time to read a definitive book on the Salem Witch trials. It seems one Samuel Parrish bought a female slave in Barbadoes, named Tituba.

Tituba was a household slave, who worked closely with all the Parrish family. As with many coming from the Caribbean, Tituba was well into things related to Voodoo, witchcraft etc., in which she schooled the Parrish daughters.

Those girls started the accusations..and it spiraled out of control...

Not blaming Tituba so much as the adults there in the Salem environs, entertaining the mass hysteria.

BTW: The colonial town called Salem was renamed Danvers quite some time ago.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IG, did you know that the Continental Congress were the ones who wanted the Springfield armory to be built?
The muskets coming in from France for the Army were considered as poor quality. And we didn't need to
only rely on a foreign country for our arms.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Now would be a good time to read a definitive book on the Salem Witch trials. It seems one Samuel Parrish bought a female slave in Barbadoes, named Tituba.

Tituba was a household slave, who worked closely with all the Parrish family. As with many coming from the Caribbean, Tituba was well into things related to Voodoo, witchcraft etc., in which she schooled the Parrish daughters.

Those girls started the accusations..and it spiraled out of control...

Not blaming Tituba so much as the adults there in the Salem environs, entertaining the mass hysteria.

BTW: The colonial town called Salem was renamed Danvers quite some time ago.
They would dunk these women underwater until they confessed. To a bogus claim.
Samuel Isaia , a simple man farmer who only worked the dirt only to feed his family.
A very large man who who had disfigureing scars because of a fire so he wasn't very attractive.
And he gathered things from the woods at night.

He was feared as an ogre. If not for his wife and his children he would have been hung.
The book doesn't cover recent history, only up to the Civil War.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Tituba??.......that's what Chelsea Clinton called her mommy.....only she wouldn't burn......just smelled like a $#it house on fire........

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
While perusing my new Roku a few nights ago I wandered upon a movie named "Trolls". It was all in subtitles and was filmed in Sweden or Norway or somewhere. If you are really bored, that's one to watch..... I believe I got through half of it....

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
While perusing my new Roku a few nights ago I wandered upon a movie named "Trolls". It was all in subtitles and was filmed in Sweden or Norway or somewhere. If you are really bored, that's one to watch..... I believe I got through half of it....
That sounds like Ironsky. It was filmed in Finland and I had seen it before in English. That's why I was
shocked to see it finally made it to television and it was in its original form in Finish. With English subtitles.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
It is "Troll Hunter." I tried to watch some more today but didn't get too far. It's from Norway....

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is "Troll Hunter." I tried to watch some more today but didn't get too far. It's from Norway....
Tom I saw where a Japanese studio ( not Sony) is filming a movie called Moon Base 1. It's about the recent
attempts of some counties who are trying to dominate the moon. And how that could become a real problem
up there.

let's see if they can do any better than they have in the past.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
If it's the same one I saw it's pretty good, filmed like a documentary involving 3or4 college students following an older guy that is the troll hunter, I found it interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
After I laid down to watch it it got better. I did finish it. I'll have a lot of looking around on the new device.....

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I seem to remember reading in Salem there stored grain got wet and moldy and they were all on a mind altering drug because of it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts