Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Back in July of this Year, I came across a Reasonable Pre-30 S&W-J-Frame revolver. I had been watching a Long time for one in Nickel finish, to No avail. I wanted this model as it is in .32 S&W Long and it is a six shot revolver, rather than a Five shot Like other-J-frames. I looked at this one, and it had a Mickey Mouse home brewed Easy Bake Oven finish on it. and the Vendor wanted rid of it because of it Terrible Looks. The Internals of this revolver were Like new, But the external appearence was Real rough and Deeply Pitted. I called down to Ford's Refinishing in Florida and spoke with Larna the Owner. I told her I wanted a Super tough wear finish for daily carry and I had a Candidate for them, But I wanted to prepare all the Part's Prior to them plating it for me. I stripped all the parts off this Pre-30 and took all the deep rust Pit's out myself, sanding them out till I was blue in the face, with a sanding Block and good old Elbow Grease before sending it off to them for a Hard Chrome Finish as this was the best for daily carry to stand up to the Test of Time according to them. I sent them the Frame, Side Plate, cylinder and Crane once I had it Prepared for finishing. mean while ,they moved their shop, and my Old Project gun got to the bottom of the heap. Well, I was Pleased to see the UPS Guy walk it up my driveway Last evening, and hand it to me. I Put it all Back together and replaced the standard trigger with a wide smooth Combat trigger. Ford's have done several for me in the Past, but this one was the worse one I have ever sent them by Far. They are a small Family Owned operation, and do each one like it was for them self's. They even Re-cut all the Factory Roll Marks and Re-Stamped the Facory Logo as the rust and deep pitting had ruined all the lettering. I was truly amazed at the job they did on this old Relic, and I do not know if a better place to send your guns for refinishing.Here is a Lousy Picture of it, as the Sun had all ready gone down, But I will get some better ones today, I won't Let Ya'll Down... I promise. Regards, Hammerdown

Before it went to Ford's

Prepared and readfy for Plating

Ford's Refinishing Hard Chrome Finish

·
Registered
945 Posts
Very nice work.How much,if I may asked,was the price of the job?.....Rick

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ihuntbucks said:
Very nice work.How much,if I may asked,was the price of the job?.....Rick
Hello Rick
Here is a link to their web site, Prices are in there as well. Regards, Hammerdown

http://www.fordsguns.com/

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello
As Promised, Here is some better pictures of this revolver I took outside. You can see the blue Sky effect in it's finish. Regards, Hammerdown

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Great solution, I went to their web site and their prices are very reasonable. Doug

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
canon6 said:
Great solution, I went to their web site and their prices are very reasonable. Doug
Hello Doug
If you mention you saw one of my Guns and want to have one refinished they will give at least a 10 % discount if you say Kurt from Knoxville Reccomended them. I have had many done by Ford's and they do excellent work, and I don't mind to tell others where to get their refinishing work done to save them moneys well. Regards, Hamemrdown

1 - 8 of 8 Posts