Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought other might have things advertised for outdoorsmen that qualifie. My latest is insulated snake boots. Down here if its cold enough to need insulated boots the snakes are fast asleep.

·
Registered
146 Posts
camo flashlight if its dark and your wavin around a flashlight why camo it.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Oh my.... thats funny right there! My wife came home the other day, asked me what I was up to. I said killin' flies. She asked did you get any? Yup, a male and two females. Really, how can you tell? Well, he was on the beer can, the other two were on the phone.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I remember seeing camo outfits for boys in a couple of catalogs a few years ago. The problem was they had deer heads with antlers printed on the chest.

Advertisements that show one person single climbing where there should be at least one back up.

Why is the mountain climber always featured coming uphill. I want to know how the camera man got 50 lbs of camera and 25 pounds of battery up in front of the "hero" being filmed wearing skin tights and packing only 4 ounces of water and a single granola bar.

In all of the survival shows while some idiot is eating wild onion and raw fish seasoned with dirt, what is the prodution crew having for lunch out at the commisary truck.

blindhari

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
maybe this is totally lame... needles, the eye of them... the effort it usually takes me to get some thread through them is rediculous... I usually need a toothpick or another needle to force the string through the first needle to even get started sewing

I could probably feed the string through the fabric with all that effort!

also underarmor is making camo patterned cold weather gear now.... I'll probably buy some so I will eventually fail that litmus test (but they look cool)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
dukkiler, you'll like this since you're a shotgunner

in Missouri we have to put a sticker on the stock of the gun that is blaze orange and reads "be safe" or some crap when turkey hunting.... I don't remember exactly what the deal is but that's it in a nutshell.... use a sticker to magically stop idiocy, also look at the orange sticker with your peripheral vision while shooting in low light around other people doing the same WEARING THE SAME ORANGE COLOR it's so brilliant that only the conservation department could dream it up

·
Administrator
26,228 Posts
Camo even for outer clothing is primarily for the hunter not for the game. Folks got along just fine hunting without it for hundreds of years. I just accept that it is for my eyes not those of the game I might hunt and so buy what looks good to me. If I like the looks of it then what do I care how well the game likes it. If I do my job right they will never know I'm there with or without the camo.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Self defense handguns with leg tie downs as in tactical in calibers that would be marginal at best for the intended game...like a 9mm anything, hollow point high vel cartridges with several magazines while bear hunting. I dunno...maybe its just me...I get nervous when a guy dresses in tack gear just in case...of what exactly???

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
The "Butt Out" plastic thingy for gutting deer. That's lame.

Most everything that Yogi Berra is quoted to have said http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/y/yogi_berra.html. Just throwing some humor in here...cause I can't think of any others.

Auto Makers designing and building auto/truck gasoline tanks with electrically energized pumps inside! Mine caught onfire in an empty tank. I am still here to write about it though.

Rifle scopes for $29.95!

A box of 1,000 primers that used to cost under $20 now going for $50.

"Save money- shop the Sale!" I am rich today from all that money I have saved.

·
Premium Member
7,981 Posts
squirrellluck said:
camo underwear? Who exactly are we hiding from?
never wear white underwear in the woods

nature calls some fool sees that flash of white

not a good way for the family to find you

·
Premium Member
7,981 Posts
squirrellluck said:
Uhh... do you use camo toilet paper too?

yes so watch you step

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Now THAT is funny. Not a product but a "huh" situation...I once hunted with a guy that couldn't stop talking on a stalk hunt. He had some kind of compulsion to be my "tour guide". I finally had to tell him to SHUT UP. His feelings were hurt....

·
Premium Member
7,981 Posts
Re: Things That Make You Go Huh???

noisy muzzle breaks

i hate them......especially on one of those hard kicking 223s

or on a self defence gun likely to be shot with out eye or ear protection

how about a muzzel break on a 223 for home defence

''wait a minute mister bad guy....i need do get my protective equipment on''

1 - 20 of 29 Posts