Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I was thinking of a new gun and I thought of the 375 Ruger. Does anyone shoot this and how do you like it? Does it need a muzzle brake?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took one to Namibia this past summer and used 270 grain Hornady factory ammo. I shot Duiker Jackal 2 gemsbok Zebra Springbok And Blue Wildebeast. On previous trip I shot or saw shot the same animals and more with a 270 or 308. The 375 works better for sure on the larger stuff. Mine does not have a muzzle brake.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the 375 Ruger would work well for anything. I just haven't shot many large bores.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got one when they were introduced by Ruger. I really like my Hawkeye African. I had it bedded, a trigger job done and had a nice decelerator recoil pad installed. I shoot 300g nosler accubond reloads with excellent accuracy. It's definitely a rifle that doesn't get a lot of range action, due to cost per shot and stout recoil on the bench; but It is more accurate than I am, and It'll certainly kill anything that walks on this planet. It has the down range trajectory of the 30/06 and hits with twice the energy. You won't regret having it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
375 ruger

I looked at purchasing one when they came out, I changed my mind after shooting a friends. Yep it kicks off the bench accuracy was pretty good though just decided if I ever hunt Alaska I'd use my 350 or purchased a 338. My friend is using his on deer and black bear, with hopes of a moose hunt some day. Expensive to shoot factory fodder so plan on reloading if you don't have the budget,

woods

1 - 5 of 5 Posts