Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm thinking of collecting a few snakes, pythons, anacondas, king cobras, diamond backs. Any opinions??? Should I try for all in the same barrel size or finish???

This will add to my quest for walthers and any strange 25acp pocket guns.

What do you think?

Doug

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
Thinking of collecting snakes (colt revolve

Collecting any guns, sounds fun to me. :D

·
Registered
5,439 Posts

On the used pythons or other colt revolvers check the timing of the cylinder beforee you buy it. This is easy to check its when the cylinder doesn't lock up when you pull the trigger back. It locks up just before it fires as you pull the trigger. BigBill

BTW; All guns are collectable as you get older like me your very first guns will become antique and collectable too. I'm lucky I still have most of mine in orginal condition.(my very first hunting guns)

Collecting Colts in blue, nickel and stainless finish does sound like a great idea.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Great idea. I love Colt revolvers. I have a Cobra .38 and Diamondback .38, both in blue. Great revolvers.

·
Registered
469 Posts

I have thought about that myself. I currently have 3 Diamondbacks....2.5"/38, 4"/38, and a 4"/22 all in blue.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks guys,

I had a python, 4" and sold it for something else. Now...I wish I'd kept it. I can be such an idiot.

Doug

·
Registered
387 Posts

Hi Doug;
Sounds good to me. I have a Colt Anaconda and love it. But you have to check Massachusetts law. Unfortunately we live in a state with some screwy laws. I don't think Colt revolvers are Mass. compliant , which means you would have to buy them in a private sale, not from a dealer. Anyway, if you find out it can be done let me know. I just might add a Python or Diamondback to my collection as well.
Tony212

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hey Tony,

We'll have to buy used and pre-98 guns which means a premium price. FS guns in woburn has one for $1300 but that's way too much.

keep in touch!

Doug

·
Registered
1 Posts
ARe you interested in a 6 inch Anaconda in good shape

for reasonable? ai am looking to sell one to finance a SS 45-70 Guide gun.

·
Registered
162 Posts

D MAN said:
On the used pythons or other colt revolvers check the timing of the cylinder beforee you buy it. This is easy to check its when the cylinder doesn't lock up when you pull the trigger back. It locks up just before it fires as you pull the trigger.
Timing can be fixed by a competent gunsmith or by sending it back to the Colt factory.

What I would do is try to haggle down the price by mentioning the cost of repair to the seller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts