Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cool! Are those vehicles go-karts or modified lawn tractors? Are those kids or adults racing? It's hard to tell.

·
22,249 Posts
state fair up here has mower races every year. Its amazing how fast some of them are!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I’m assuming the blades have been removed ...

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m assuming the blades have been removed ...
One of the first things said when you visit a site with rules is the blades must be removed.
They are all genuine lawn mower chassis but the super mod, or factory experimnetal, depending on which site you read are heavily modified but stil la lawn mower.
On the biggest tracks they reach up to 90 miles and hour and from what I have found the biggest engines are 50 in. cu. B & S OHV V- Twins with around 100 hp.

But that may depend on org. and there are some outlaw races.
It started in the U.K. in 1973 and came here in 1992.
Kids can run smaller much slower classes but you have to be 18 , with experience , to run the fastest classes.

·
23,845 Posts
Yeah, nuthin like watchin guys goin round and round in mud in second gear. Sometimes they easily reach 40mph! Thrilling!

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
It's not how fast they go. it's where they can't help going. No, lawnmower racing in mud isn't fast but the results of doing so are funny. I've only seen them on TV. No mower races anywhere around here and mud is a scarce commodity to boot.

·
Registered
570 Posts
They canceled our races this year do to covid. They're a hoot to watch and raise good money for the fire dept. Our little town of Fifield boasts "the fastest track in the north" and it could be. Bring your ear plugs and grab a cold one if you ever get a chance to attend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts