Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got hold of someone who is a tc shop only and he said they are building them and should be out soon maybe by the start of deer season
rob k
got my fingers crossed anyways

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well knight i guess you won't be buying one if they get them out soon huh lol
rob k

· Premium Member
3,902 Posts
I have one thumbhole stock on an autoloader that I like, but wonder how I would handle cocking the hammer on an exposed hammer gun like an Encore.

· Registered
9,693 Posts
TC Rep at Bass Pro Shops big sales event this weekend past, had some little catalogs. Beautiful looking pictures of a synthetic black, or HD Realtree Thumbhole stock for Encore, with part numbers ... if I can find the catalog, I'll post the part numbers. Can't tell if they are ambidextrous, but they have a raised cheek piece. Also putting them on the Omegas, according to the catalog. Funny thing, I can't find any of this on the TC site or Fox Ridge.

· Registered
692 Posts
They have them listed for sale at Cabela's!
They are listed in the new catalog that I just got in the mail.

Cabela's Master Catalog
Edition I, Fall 2005

Prices are as follows:
Black, $69.99 - - - Hardwoods, $99.99 - - - Walnut, $159.99

Listed on page 522

· Registered
9,693 Posts
Keith L said:
I have one thumbhole stock on an autoloader that I like, but wonder how I would handle cocking the hammer on an exposed hammer gun like an Encore.
Keith makes a good point; I normally set up for a shot with a good enough sight picture, then reach my thumb up to cock which doesn't jar too much, and then settle the picture and take the shot. How do you folks with a thumbhole manage that? Would a hammer extension help the reach? The new Camo thumbhole looks sweet on the cover of the TC catalog, but looking good and working good are two different things.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i use the T on the trigger and am able to take my thumb and get hold of the T and cock my encore with no problems
rob k

· Registered
1,995 Posts
I wanted a thumbhole stock at one time but was also concerned about moving my hand to cock the trigger.

Then I got to thinking, the standard stock is pretty much a thumbhole stock without the wood over the top of your thumb. Makes sense to me anyway, unless you just like the looks of the thumbhole stock.

· Registered
13 Posts
Encore Thumbhole

EABCO, Ed's Contenders and Boyds all have thumbhole stocks. EABCO has some beautiful laminated thumbhole stocks & forend sets for $189. Boyds whch is custom stocks has them in brown and grey laminated and some awesome looking wood that you can upgrade to. The Boyds are unfinished though. However, they are considerably cheaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.