Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a t3 varmint 1 in 8 twist. if i load out to the lands of barrel their is no way that they will fit in the magazine. is their any way to load single shot. does anyone make a bullet follower to allow this.what do the rest of you guys do about reloading a tikka with long throat and short magazine

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
What round is it?

·
Super Moderator
51,330 Posts
I'm new to Tikkas, gonna buy a T3 Lite 338WM tomorrow, been reading a lot about em the past couple days.......just curious, since they all use the same length action, would it be possible to use a magazine from a long action chambering to increase the COL of short action cartridge so the magazine isn't the limiting factor? Keeping in mind the mag may need to be modified to feed properly. I don't know what the difference in magazine or magazine well is, never seen any of em yet.

Tim

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had this same problem with my AR15 and found a solution. It should work with the T3. Using a Dremel tool, I cut a narrow U shape out of the front of the magazine to allow the bullet tips to extend out of the magazine. You will be able to set your COL out past the front of your magazine to the wall of the magazine well. This should give you the extra length you need and still allow you to load them in your magazine.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. That is why I was asking about which caliber the rifle was.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your interest. This is a tikka t3 223 varmint 1 in 8 twist 80 grain bullet is long. I thought of modifying magazine. I found a website that sells Bob sleds. I will try one and reply back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts