Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the post about the Tikka rifles and have gotten very interested in them.Where can i go to find out more information about the new T3 models that are coming out?I also was curious about what type rings and bases are used on them.

·
3,205 Posts
There have been quite a few posts on them lately. I have a Tikka as does a friend of mine. Both shoot better than 1"MOA out of the box. They are (in my opinion) the best rifle for the money you can buy. Although I am also partial to Sako rifles. Have fun looking :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
The new T3s should be available in early spring, meaning the next couple of months or so. Other than that, there is limited printed information on the rifle. As such, we are all just sitting here anxious about it. However, if these rifles are anything like the current line-up, then they are still #1 in my book for the money.

As for scope mounts, you have a few options. The most expensive option in the Opti-lock rings and bases. I had this set-up on my Tikka Laminated Stainless. However, I gave the scope and scope mounts to my relative and I bought a new scope and new rings from Warne - they are the Warne Maxima Silver rings, and they attach directly to the receiver with no bases. Once I get them I'll give you a report.

There are other options with regard to scope mounts, but since I haven't used them, I'll let others post about their experiences.

I think that the new Tikkas just might come with the rings and/or bases. Only time will tell.

Zachary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help.Sounds like a really good rifle for the money.I will keep checking back for release dates.I was also curious about the calibers they make in these rifles.I would like a 280 but I have not seen this caliber listed on there website.I have two Browning A bolts in 7mm-08 and 7mm magnum and have been pleased. Just thinking about making a change and see if I like these rifles. My biggest problem is I would like to look at the Tikka but know one in South Mississippi seems to carry them only special order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tikka Whitetail vs T3

If you want information about Tikka rifles call Beretta and request a catalog. The number is (301) 283-0189 they will only sent it if you bill your credit card. They said it was $5 but they only billed me $3. The catalog covers all Beretta, Sako, and Tikka firearms. It is worth it as the catalog is very large 172 pages. As far as calibers no .280 in any of their lines sorry. The T3 does come with rings and is offered in 300 WSM as well as .270 WSM as well as the usual calibers. It cost around $550 in central Illinois at local gunshop while a Tikka Whitetail deluxe cost about $650 and I had to order rings for a little over $50 bucks. They look like good rifles but I haven't shot this one yet as it is a gift for my son. I'll try it out and possible get one in .300 WSM for elk. I did't get a tag this year so not in too much of a hurry to buy a rifle. The outfitter that I applied to out of Casper, WY had 20 clients to go elk hunting and they only drew 2 elk permits. Still rolling the dice for Colorado and possibly New Mexico. PS. Just checked the catalog and you can get a .280 in the Sako 75 line for about $1,100 in wood and $1,200 in stainless.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Feb. issue of the American Hunter (NRA publication)had a decent review of the new T-3's. Not very technical or in depth, but OK. The T-3 looks a lot like the synthetic SAKO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts